Monday, October 22, 2007

The Great Pumpkin (Patch Field Trip)

What a day...I am once again in awe of stay at home moms, teachers, nannies, anyone who spends the majority of their waking hours entertaining and educating small children. I love kids (especially my own), but I do not have the energy to keep up with them all day every day!! Whew!

Evan's pre-K class went to the pumpkin patch at Cox Farms today, and I went along as a 'chaperone.' Not a bad deal, I just knocked $100 off the tuition bill for the year, went to the pumpkin patch for free, and had some great quality time with Evan. And I didn't have to go to work on an absolutely gorgeous fall day. We went down the slides about a hundred times, yelling pickles and hot dogs (I don't know, Evan told me to do it!), went on a hayride, did the rope swing, ate some apples, and of course picked out a pumpkin. Somehow we managed to go the entire trip without needing to go to the bathroom, which is good since there were only porta-potties there, although it would have made me realize earlier in the day that Evan had his pants on backwards (saw it on the bus ride back to daycare).

Being silly on the bus...we started a frightening trend of boys wearing their mom's sunglasses :-)



Evan and one of his buddies acting goofy


Evan after the witches on the hayride scared the bjeebies out of him
(but it was pretty funny to watch him jump in his seat)


The little men trying out the rope swing...none of them were very good at it, so mostly they just jumped in the pile of foam underneath the rope. The moms got plenty of entertainment value out of watching them be silly though!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY, sounds like a fun day.

    And I feel better that I am not the only one that blogger gives a hard time too about pictures.

    ReplyDelete