Monday, August 24, 2009

Twenty things I am tired of saying at the dinner table

To be honest, I didn't have 'twenty' as part of the title when I started this post, but when I realized I could actually come up with 20 things we say at the dinner table on a regular basis, I had to add it. So here it is:
  1. Sit up
  2. Put your cup where it belongs
  3. Use your napkin
  4. Use your fork/spoon
  5. Do not wipe your hands on your shirt
  6. Do not wipe your face on your shirt
  7. Get your hands off of your feet
  8. Get your legs out of your shirt
  9. Stop kicking the table
  10. Head above the table
  11. Fingers out of your mouth
  12. Elbows off the table
  13. Pay attention to what you're doing
  14. Take smaller bites
  15. Stop picking at the bread and take a bite
  16. Chew with your lips closed
  17. Don't talk with food in your mouth
  18. Put your arms down
  19. No
  20. Eat!
I'm wondering if I can turn this into some kind of game to get the kids to break some of these habits? Do other people have these issues? Honestly, we're thinking of leaving them at 'Parents Night Out' at daycare this weekend to be able to eat a meal with OUT saying any of these things!

1 comment:

  1. I think I say ALL of those things....repeatedly!! We also have an issue with feet creeping up to the table....
    Boys are SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete