Friday, January 15, 2010

Killing time

I'm not sure I like that title...could be taken the wrong way. I'm not going on some sort of murder spree, just to clarify. Emmett is happily sleeping in the backseat after being diagnosed with a double ear infection (one ear was so bad the nurse actually jumped back after looking in his ear), so I don't really want to take him inside and wake him up and the weather is SO gorgeous, I figured I'd sit in the van with him and play on the computer.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was that run on sentence?

Other than the nasty ear infections, life is pretty good in our house. The working full time/having three kids thing is working out pretty well, which kind of surprises me. Ethan is probably ready to enlist me in the armed forces to become sort of drill sargent, but I know he would never say that ;-) I am getting my work job done, I pick up all 3 kids (most days), dinner has been on the table at a reasonable hour every night, and everyone has what they are supposed to have for lunch the next day.

How, you ask, have I managed to accomplish this amazing feat day after day? Planning people, lots and lots of planning.

I'm trying to put a picture of my menu plan for January here, but it's just not working. In any case, I have a month worth of meals lined up, with all the major ingredients stocked in my fridge, and I have actually been following this plan! I'm so impressed. Tell me you're impressed.

Naptime is coming to an end, so that's all for today's rambling. Happy long weekend!

Oh wait, here's the list of meals...best I can do under the circumstances:
  • Sun Jan 3 Chicken Pot Pie
  • Mon Jan 4 Spaghetti & Meatballs
  • Tue Jan 5 Crockpot Beef Stew
  • Wed Jan 6 Black-Eyed Pea Tacos
  • Thu Jan 7 Flounder w/Lemony Bread Crumb Topping
  • Sat Jan 9 Crockpot Blue Cheese & Steak
  • Mon Jan 11 Spinach/Onion Quesadillas
  • Tue Jan 12 Soup & Sandwiches
  • Wed Jan 13 Greek Penne Pasta
  • Thu Jan 14 Crockpot Maple Ham
  • Fri Jan 15 Eggs & Bacon
  • Mon Jan 18 Baked Ziti
  • Tue Jan 19 Hot Dog Creole
  • Wed Jan 20 Bowtie Alfredo w/Broccoli
  • Thu Jan 21 Crockpot Philly Cheesesteaks
  • Fri Jan 22 Salmon w/Chili-Lime Spice Rub
  • Sat Jan 23 Chicken Diablo
  • Sun Jan 24 Tomato & Wild Rice Soup
  • Mon Jan 25 Chicken BBQ Sandwiches
  • Tue Jan 26 Mediterranean Chicken
  • Wed Jan 27 Chicken Nuggets w/Mac & Cheese
  • Thu Jan 28 Crockpot Orange Chicken
  • Fri Jan 29 Sausage & Egg Casserole
  • Sun Jan 31 Baked Macaroni & Cheese
  • Mon Feb 1 Fried Rice w/Shrimp
  • Tue Feb 2 Potato & Goat Cheese Spanish Tortilla
  • Wed Feb 3 Chicken Quesadillas
  • Thu Feb 4 Crockpot Margarita Chicken
P.S. I love the Crockpot Lady, in case you couldn't tell :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment