Tuesday, September 2, 2008

No tissues, lots of potty trips

The first day of kindergarten went well...I fully expected Evan to come bounding in jumping on us like the scene from 'Finding Nemo': "First day of school! Wake up! Come on. First day of school!" but instead it was the usual routine of Evan muscling his way into our bed at 7:01 AM, requesting the Disney channel.

So when I picked Evan up this afternoon, he insisted on one more trip to the playground, and his synopsis of the day was "I didn't have to use any of my tissues, but I had to go potty a lot." There you have it, that's what kindergarten's all about. At least on the first day.

The infamous backpack...

I'm not sure who's more excited!

Me and my guy

Daddy, looking very proud!

2 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE! All of you!
    Glad he liked it! What time did he go to bed? My 5yo nephew fell asleep at 5:15 on his first day of kindergarden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so cute! I can't believe he's in kindergarten already... time flies!

    ReplyDelete