Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eric...the good, the bad, and the ugly


Eric is quite a kid...I'm not sure if there's a single word that can capture his personality, probably because over the course of a day it seems like he has more than one personality. This past week or so has been particularly rough, and I blame the irregular routine of daycare being closed, staying up late, and spending more time than usual lounging in pajamas and watching Disney channel on TV. We went through consecutive nights of being sent to bed without stories because of hitting (he was doing the hitting, just to be clear), followed by more nights of him refusing to keep his pajamas and diaper on. I think Ethan was a little worried about taking Evan swimming last night, because many of the previous nights I have not been able to handle Eric by myself and had to send him in for a couple of rounds.

But, strangely enough, when it was just the two of us, my blue-eyed angel re-appeared and all was well in the world. We read stories, I only had to put his pajamas on him one time--I did have to put him back in bed several times, but there was no fighting. The storm has passed!

Tonight, I picked Eric up and he was getting a diaper change, which led to a conversation about if he wanted to go to preschool, he was going to have to start using the potty. He spent the entire car ride home saying "I go to pee-school and go on the potty" which I thought was pretty funny. I'll have to tell his teachers the new requirement is that he needs to wear big boy underwear before he can go to 'pee-school.'

No comments:

Post a Comment