Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby steps may not take you far, but they take you somewhere!

Last week I took a class based on the book 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.' It was a good class, and almost a week after completing it I have not opened the book to start my commitment of learning these 7 habits. Isn't it always the way? But there was a good portion of the class about time management which I'm sure Ethan would say if I became any more time managed I would start scheduling my own bathroom breaks. Truth is, I'm great at figuring out what needs to be done and not that great at getting it done in a timely manner. Take the steam cleaner that is still sitting in our basement, unused for almost 3 years...really, take it. I've been meaning to get rid of it for about 2 years, and have even put it in a place where I will literally trip over it on a daily basis, but it eventually found it's way back into a closet in the basement.

Too bad they don't have a class on how not to ramble aimlessly.

So, part of the class was telling you make a weekly plan and a daily plan. And today I made a daily plan. It was short, and relatively simple tasks, but I almost finished it!! Yay!! I will probably not go out into the cold rain to deposit some checks at the bank, but they are all ready for deposit tomorrow, so I can either stop on the way to work or take a break at lunch.

Maybe tomorrow's list should be to schedule a Purple Heart pickup so I can get rid of the damn steam cleaner :-)

1 comment: