Saturday, February 7, 2009

Find wall. Bang head into it.

We are trying to make the move away from using paper towels and towards microfiber cloths. Hubby bought into the idea, we bought a set of cloths in different colors (so you have a pretty good idea that they're getting changed on a regular basis), and I moved the paper towels under the sink so they are out of sight/mind, but still there if absolutely necessary.

The second day of our conversion, my husband spills some egg on the counter. He gets a wet paper towel to wipe up the egg, and then a second paper towel to DRY THE COUNTER. Sigh. After an exchange on salmonella vs. throwing the cloth into the laundry pile, we move on. Things seem to be going well, the paper towel roll seems to be as full as it was a week ago, microfiber towels are being used to clean things up and disposed into the laundry basket at the end of the day.

This morning I turn around to see my husband wiping something off the table with a tissue, and then throwing it in the trash.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I tried that, but I got tired of washing them. ALL the time. And John always left them soggy on the counter....I always hung them on the door handle of the stove. I DO re-use the same papertowel until it falls apart!

    ReplyDelete