Saturday, February 28, 2009

Some assembly required

Ethan and I are no good when it comes to completing household projects as a couple. I think he will disagree with this, in which case I hope he comments his rationale for disagreeing so the readers can enjoy. When it comes to things like, oh say, assembling furniture or hanging pictures/blinds, it's generally not a pleasant experience. I believe it has something to do with the fact that one of us in a control freak and one of us is stubborn. And one of us is Ethan ;-)

We purchased the boys new 'captain' beds which have huge drawers underneath to help offset the fact we are cramming 2 people's things into what used to be 1 person's room. I'll spare you the lengthy details of every argument discussion that took place, but essentially there were problems because I:
  1. Read directions
  2. Do not buy the most expensive item that can be bought
  3. That about covers it
In the end, the beds are assembled, Ethan is still speaking to me, and the boys are very excited about the new furniture and quilts. So I'd say a few arguments discussions are worth it ;-)


1 comment:

  1. How long will the room stay that clean?
    Tommy's room has pieces of his train tracks ALL over it - no matter how many times we pick them up!

    ReplyDelete