Monday, August 13, 2007

Kickboxing observations

After 3 weeks of illnesses/vacations, I re-entered the kickboxing world tonight and proceeded to have my butt kicked by my 52 year old instructor who I would be happy to have half his energy when I get to that age. Don't you dare try to take a break during the sumo squats, because he'll come do 20 of them nose-to-nose with you if you do. Very intimidating. I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow because of it :-)

Anyway, observations from today's class:

It's the first time I've had a thought in my head that motivated me to pound the crap out of my reflection in the mirror. Not even my old boss (who caused the 1st of my gray hairs to appear) gave me that kind of motivation.

Why does the girl at the front of the class who re-does her hair 6 times during the class not care about the mascara running down her face? You're all ready sweaty and gross, why not take a quick swipe with the back of your hand?

How does someone who appears to be wearing 4 shirts and long pants not break a sweat? I sweat just walking up to the room...

I thought I had more, but the adrenaline rush has gone :-(

1 comment:

  1. so what was the though that made you want to beat the crap out of your reflection? hopefully not some crazy bridezilla in your life... :( i promise i'll be back to normal come sunday!

    ReplyDelete