Friday, November 9, 2007

Funny what turns it around...

I woke up this morning to a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I'm mad at my husband. REALLY mad. Eric was up at 6 am bawling his little eyes out (at top volume) and sounding like he has a bad cold. Ethan is taking him to the doctor just in case, but we're both thinking it's just a cold and this may be the kick-off to nebulizer season. Evan was also up at 6 am (tough to sleep through the crying) and after I caught him picking at something he shouldn't be picking at (waaaaay worse than the nose), he added his own screams to the mix. Which he re-started when I told him his penalty for picking was that he couldn't take a toy to daycare for show and share. Repeat screaming when we had the conversation AGAIN just before I left the house. Did I mention I'm mad at my husband? It's going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

And then I read Emily's blog from yesterday...and while I've been proud of her for a while for all her hard work to look awesome again, I am incredibly happy that complete strangers will also get to be proud of her and hopefully inspired to get themselves into better shape and have long, happy lives with their families too. So thank you for sharing your excitement and giving me something to be happy about on what I was sure was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day :-)

Update: Eric has an ear infection. Good that we can fix it with medicine, but not good that this is his second ear infection in as many months!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate mornings like that...mine sucked, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on meds :) BOO on the morning!

    We have had some VERY rough mornings lately too... i blame it on the time change... and the green runny noses and coughs. NO one is sleeping well.

    ReplyDelete