Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is it too late to go back to bed and re-start the day?

Today is the first day of my brief period of unemployment. I had PLANS for today. Goodwill, Humane Society, Lowe's, Wal-mart, Sears, dry cleaners...I wanted to get it all out of the way today so I could spend another day this week getting beautified (mani, pedi, haircut at least) and have enough time to get an oil change on my truck.

Apparently, someone did not approve of this plan and had a need to change it.

This weekend, Evan was complaining of water in his ear. Monday he was pulling at one ear, running a fever, and was pretty unhappy. Ethan took him to the CVS Minute Clinic on Tuesday morning and confirmed a case of swimmer's ear. Not too much of a shock, since the kid spends 2 hours a day in the pool and most of that time he has his head underwater. Fever was enough to keep him home, but after spiking pretty good last night, he woke up fever-free this morning and happy as can be, so thought the worst was behind us.

I dragged Evan along on some errands this morning, we stopped for lunch at Noodles & Co, he protested a nap, and we ran a few more errands when I noticed his skin was hot again. CRAP. Came home, called the doctor, suggested we come in, blah blah blah, he has strep throat and has to stay home one more day. So home we will be.

And Eric has a runny nose and cough. Really hoping that one's just the weather change/allergies. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Its good to know that your boys are SO good at sharing! HA
    I hope you get some of your stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told today by my dr. that this week is the week where fall allergies kick in, plus there's a summer cold going around. So I hope that that's all Eric has to experience! Hope Evan feels better and you get your stuff done!

    ReplyDelete