Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome to Geektown, population 1

My hubby is away on business for a few days. Evan keeps telling people he's on vacation and I'm having a hard time correcting him...two nights with a bed to yourself and being able to eat out on someone else's tab? I might call that a vacation. Then again, it is only 2 nights and he's on the opposite coast and flying very late and very early, which is why I can muster up the energy to say it's not really vacation.

But enough about him, let's get back to me. Because lets face it, that's what this blog is about!! So how am I spending my night of 'freedom' (as free as one can get with 2 kids in the house)?

  1. Replacing light bulbs.
  2. Putting things back into the bathrooms.
  3. Trying to figure out where to put all our cell phones/laptops/keys/etc.
  4. Burning the living crap out of myself in the process of #2. I am typing with a wet paper towel wrapped around the giant patch of white skin that has formed on my knuckle after brushing my finger against my once-favorite under-cabinet lights. I don't like them quite as much now that I have this horribly painful burn on my finger.
  5. And finally...re-arranging my kitchen cabinets. Stop panicking hubby, the only thing that moved was the tupperware!!
So there you have it. I'm not sure what the cool kids do on their free nights, but us geeks? We like to re-arrange kitchen cabinets.

Ok, this was a really pitiful post, but I'm just trying to keep my mind off my burnt finger. So have some mercy on me.

2 comments:

  1. Um....you ARE a geek.

    I think you take the prize this week. Do you know what I do when John's at work in the evening...?

    NOTHING special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell, I didn't know where the Tupperware was to begin with...

    ReplyDelete