Sunday, August 3, 2008

Shades of tan and a sales pitch

Anyone with eyes can tell that Evan has a lot of my features, some good, some bad. Eric has not inherited many (if any) visually noticeable traits, but there's no question where he gets his short fuse and long temper.

We discovered this summer that Evan has my ability to tan. I keep looking at him and realizing why my relatives used to call me 'Pocahontas' after spending a summer in Florida, because he could be Pocahontas' son.

Eric, amazingly enough, looks like he has hardly spent any time in the sun. True, he has not spent every afternoon swimming outside at camp, but the kid has had his fair share of sun on the weekends and this past week. But this is what they look like:


And now I must do a sales pitch. Because the only difference between my children when they go outside is that Eric wears the Arbonne Baby Care Sunscreen and Evan wears 'regular' stuff. Both are SPF 30, but for whatever reason, Arbonne is not letting the sun through to my child's skin. In fact, it works so well that I had to stop using it because MY skin wasn't getting any darker. Seriously, I originally bought the Arbonne stuff because Eric had such horrible skin issues, but the soap/lotion/oil/etc. did not do anything for him except make him smell like lemon Pledge. Lever 2000, Eucerin, and Aquaphor have become staples in our house. But I think I may need to stock up on the sunscreen for my fair-haired child...so if you're an Arbonne dealer and want my business next summer...

The tanning duo (after I quit using the Arbonne, of course)...and Evan still has a better tan!


3 comments:

  1. Its almost like they're not related! Almost...but I see a LOT of similarities in their faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have the ability to super-tan. I'm not sure about Reagan, yet. His little bum is as white as a sheet of paper compared to the rest of his body. But he doesn't look "tan" to me.

    Your boys are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back! looks like you had lots of fun at the beach! can't wait to hear about it!

    (oh, and you're welcome to use my arbonne discount anytime....) :)

    ReplyDelete