Eric, today was your birthday, and different from any other day except for the fact that every day with you is a different day. What made today so special? (Other than the obvious birthday of course):
- You woke up before 7 AM with no desire to go back to sleep.
- There was a giant stinky mess in your diaper when I went in to get you out of your crib (explains why you had no interest in going back to sleep)
- You snuggled in our bed, between Daddy and I (and then Evan), quietly saying "Happy Birthday!" to yourself.
- You did not pour your cereal on yourself, or require a change of clothes before going to daycare.
- You had "Happy Birthday" sung to you by TWO different classes, as you are about to go to a new class and have been spending a few hours a day in the new room (yay!! Mom and Dad love Miss Kay's room!!)
- You had a cool crown to wear, which you promptly tore into shreds in the car during the 3 mile, 30 minute ride to Bertuccis.
- It hailed today. Hail. In April. Totally weird.
- At Bertuccis (aka "GG's Restaurant"), you ate a tiny bit of pizza and even less ice cream...guess the cupcakes at daycare were enough for you?
- Even though the service at Bertuccis stunk and they didn't give you a fraction of the attention you deserved, you were still a perfect angel. Except for when we finally took the barely eaten ice cream away, but close enough.
- You gave your 'Little Einsteins' cup/plate/bowl and obligatory glance before tossing it back on the table like the kids in 'A Christmas Story' with the sock presents.
- You loved the Pirate Ship, especially when your brother showed you how to put the people in the cannon and shoot them across the room instead of the cannon ball.
- You really loved your new green Rody, that is all yours and there is no longer a need to share the blue one with your brother. Except now Evan wants a red Rody.
Happy Birthday, little man!!