Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chocolate Cheese Fudge

It's so darn good, it needs it's own post...thank you Emily! I was a doubter, but have seen the light and experienced an unspeakable level of joy while having a small heart attack at the same time. I skipped the nuts and spread this delicious concoction into a shallow pan instead of rolling it into balls, but here's the original recipe:

Chocolate Cheese Fudge
Paula Deen - Ellen Show from Friday

1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, sliced
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts
Two 16-ounce packages confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup cocoa

1. Melt cheese and butter together over medium heat in saucepan.
2. Remove from heat, add vanilla and nuts.
3. Sift together sugar and cocoa in large bowl. Add cheese mixture. Use hands for final mixing!
4. Remove candy from bowl with hands and roll into balls. Add skewers.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy!

And if you don't like it, then something is wrong with you. I'm not a big sweets eater, but I have to take this stuff into work just to get it away from me!!

2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing, no nuts, shallow pan!

    Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I feel like I need to make it... maybe I will and take it to the family party on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete