Sunday, December 9, 2007

Friday doctors and comparison shopping

I'm a little behind on my blogs...it was a busy weekend :-)

After Thursday's party adventure (if you play the video on this link, you will see 3 shadowy figures on the right side of the screen when they're doing the interview--one of those is me!! http://www.wusa9.com/rss/local_article.aspx?storyid=66131). Totally lost my train of thought.

Friday I had to start the day by parting with my beautiful new truck (no longer held hostage in a Silver Spring garage) to get the new radio installed which stunk because it was icy and rainy and they gave me a tiny little car to drive. I met up with Ethan and Eric at the doctor's office where we waited for close to 2 hours to find out Eric does NOT have another ear infection, and the endless crankiness is probably just a cold. Thank goodness for infant Tylenol and the fact that his recurring allergy/eczema problems gives us a permanent antihistamine prescription which makes sleep possible. So Eric gets shuttled back to daycare and I take my crappy (but free) loaner car to test out a trial membership at BJs.

I love Costco. BJs was a horrible experience and I hope to never have to go back again. The people were mean, they didn't carry the necessary ingredients for my crab dip, there were no free samples (at noon on Friday!) and their cash registers are as mean as the people. After 1 1/2 hours of shopping and browsing, having a checkout lane shut down literally before my very eyes and a rude employee telling me I should "take my chances" using it again, I left a cart full of refrigerated/frozen items and told them I was going back to Costco. I was in and out of Costco in 30 minutes with everything I needed and the cashier even wished me a Merry Christmas. I love Costco.

I returned to the dealership to stalk them for my truck and am happy to say I will never need to go there again (there's another dealership closer to my house, not that I use them unless it's warranty work). The service manager was swarmy...he was more swarmy than the guy who SOLD me the truck.

The day ended on a good note though...I had another party with some different co-workers and things were much quieter and the only time I had to go outside was to get in my beautiful truck at the end of the night. I love my truck...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like all is well with the new truck...what would you have done if they hurt it? Would we have seen you on the news?

    ReplyDelete