Saturday, December 29, 2007

Printer mystery

I picked up my phone a little while ago and saw an email confirming my order from Amazon for a new printer. I did not order a printer. I was looking at printers yesterday (or maybe the day before), but never even added one to my cart. Ethan says he did not order a printer, and even if he did, why would it show up under my account?

I open my computer for the first time today and find in my history that I have in fact visited Amazon today and it looks like I have bought a printer. Ethan suggests someone has hacked into my account, but seeing as how the order was placed from my laptop, it seems a little strange.

And then light bulb in my brain turns on. Evan was downstairs this morning by himself, eating breakfast and watching the Disney channel. I ask him if he was using my computer and he confirms he was trying to send a message to Nicholas. Apparently he bought us a printer instead :-)

Fortunately it wasn't too expensive and we have free shipping. Unfortunately, it's not one that we want, so as soon as the box arrives, I will be shipping it back to Amazon. Not sure how to handle the problem of Evan randomly clicking on my computer when I'm not watching him...

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I am glad that the mystery is solved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, _I_ realized it was our conniving little 4-yr-old... no credit!

    ReplyDelete