Monday, February 25, 2008

The first day

Clearly I had nothing to be concerned about on the first day at the new job. It went well.
  • I arrived before and left after my boss.
  • I only worked 8 hours.
  • My cube is quite ugly, with blue fabric on the walls and red fabric on the outside of the hanging cabinets. The chair has a suspicious stain on it.
  • I have a window right outside of my cube and I can actually see out of that window.
  • I can't go to the bathroom without permission because I can't get into the building. So glad there's a nice lady sitting next to me who just gave me her badge when I needed to go :-)
  • I had a new used laptop waiting for me when I got there and a name tag was 'installed' by noon. Now that's service!
  • The guy who sat there before me didn't do a very good job cleaning up. Some items of interest include : 63 cents in change, a tube of Tom's organic toothpaste, and a take-out container that still had half a piece of bread in it. Eww. Luckily, it didn't look like it had been there too long.
  • I heard a minimum of 11 new acronyms today. Spent a lot of time on google learning what they were, which turned out to be time well spent.
Evan has been in an extreme not listening state of mind lately. As in, you tell him to do something, he says ok, and turns around and does the opposite. Hopefully this is just cabin fever and will pass soon?

2 comments:

  1. But where was the office :) Glad it went well!!!

    I am getting nervous for March 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...I think thats called being a 4 year old boy.
    Glad the first day went well!

    ReplyDelete