Friday, February 29, 2008

Well now I HAVE to blog

My husband is claiming I 'cheated' on a blog when I was in Florida--seriously, I was awake form 4 AM to 1 AM, I think that deserves a little slack--so now I'm going to blog. And you can bet I'm going to work some embarrassing hubby story in here. Maybe more than one.

Depending on your source, night terrors occur in as few of 3 percent of all children. How did I get to be so lucky as to give birth to 2 children that have them?? In the same night! Oh right, I married a man who still sleepwalks and has the occasional night terror. He broke his thumb during one such episode after drinking almost an entire 2 liter bottle of vanilla coke before going to sleep. And we were visiting friends for the weekend. Good times, good times. And for the record, we had omelettes and and pita bread for dinner last night without so much of a hint of dyes/artificial sweeteners or whatever else can sometimes cause night terrors. My kids get them because they're tired, pure and simple. And Evan wonders why we always ask if he took a nap at daycare that day...

The kitchen lady came today and was not that bad, despite the fact I was tiny bit rude on the phone to her the other day when scheduling our appt (and grumbling about the fact that I needed to leave work early in my first week). She showed up a few minutes early and didn't even spend an hour with us, so hopefully the design (and price!) comes out well.

The DirecTV guys on the other hand...good grief. Many kudos to hubby for being at home when they were here, because I don't think I would have done very well. First, they tracked mud into the newly cleaned house. And when I say newly cleaned, I mean our chick left about 10 minutes before they got here. Then they drove on the nice muddy property, which is a big no-no in our neighborhood and technically considered trespassing. Then they only brought 1 receiver instead of 2, despite the fact that we scheduled our appt 2 weeks ago (and it was canceled last week because of the weather). AND they spent THREE HOURS at our house installing 1 (new) satellite dish and 1 receiver. And he wanted to charge us $50 to 'move' a receiver from the basement to another room. The DirecTV customer service lady was very nice, but apparently I have to re-tell the story to a supervisor sometime in the next 48 hours so we can get our second receiver and hopefully avoid Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum coming back out to our house.

Oh, and a final hubby story. I was getting ready for bed last night and came downstairs to get my shoes and hubby was MIA, along with his computer. He was in the bathroom and, to quote "I'm reading." Maybe I should get him a subscription to the newspaper...

Playdates galore this weekend and hopefully a pancake breakfast at the local fire station tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. My mother had a similar Direct TV was ugly. She was ugly - they gave her lots of free stuff as a result.
    Hmm....isn't wireless great. Makes me want to think twice about where John has used my laptop!