Monday, February 11, 2008

Sharing the love...

Eric is still on the nebulizer treatments, although we're down to 3 times a day. Still, treatment #2 needs to happen mid-day, so daycare has the joy of handling that one. I warned them, I really did. I told them that he has a tendency to fight and cry and scream and offered some suggestions to minimize that (books, Evan, straight jacket).

I get a phone call early this afternoon from one of the directors. Eric had his medicine, but she's not sure they will be able to continue doing this because she feels they might be breaking state laws if they have to use force to hold him down.

It was all I could do not to laugh, and I know, it's not really that funny and I understand the concern because I know how loud and squirmy he is and have perfected a "hold" to keep him from getting away. I showed one of my co-workers the hold (her son is in the same situation), and someone thought we were demonstrating some sort of self-defense move.

After picking Eric up this afternoon and listening to one of the office women going on and on about how horrible it was, I just looked at her and said "Yeah, I know. We had to do it FIVE times a day this weekend. That's TEN times." And the other office lady looked like she was doing all she could not to laugh. I felt better. And am still laughing at the fear of breaking state laws :)

3 comments:

  1. I think I would like to see this "choke hold" you have perfected. Tommy has never needed those treatments and I thank GOD everytime I hear someone else speak of them!! GOOD LUCK....and isn't there some type of permission slip you can sign for daycare to tie him down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. Yeah, the permission slip idea is a good one.

    I hope he doesn't have to be on it much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Be strong.

    they definetely need those treatments.

    ReplyDelete