Friday, March 14, 2008

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

I think the Toys R Us commercial where all the bunnies are singing is my favorite part of Easter. I mean, how can you not laugh at the sound of a bunch of bunnies sounding like they've been sucking on helium balloons?

Lydia mentioned Easter in her blog the other day, which reminded to blog about Easter. In case I don't have enough other things to blog about. Our children get as many Easter treats as they do Christmas presents, I kid you not. I thought I had a picture from last year, but I can't seem to find it now...the baskets/goodies covered our entire dining room table and that was before they started dismantling them. We have a lot of Easter Bunnies visit us. And a bag of M&Ms would be more than enough candy to get our kids through an entire year, so thankfully the Easter Bunnies bring limited amounts of candy and the candy they do bring is usually good stuff that Ethan and I will enjoy as well.

This years Easter baskets (from our local bunny) will include: books that have been hiding in my closet for a couple of months, a new Jungle Book DVD for Evan since the DVD player ate our original one, a shake and go race car for Eric that shook and went in the box when delivered from Amazon causing all sorts of curiosity by the little boys in my house, some bubble blowers that are actually extra party favors from one of their past birthday parties that I just found in a closet, as well as a few token pieces of candy because you have to have SOME candy in your Easter basket even if end up eating it ;-)

Who knew the Easter Bunny could fill 2 baskets just from rummaging around our house?

1 comment:

  1. The Easter Bunny around these parts had leftover Christmas stuff but then felt guilty about the long hours and bought a ton or crap...

    ReplyDelete