- Brought in a whiteboard and made it all shiny and clean and promptly listed all the things I'm trying to get done on it. Big, small, whether I'm the hold-up or someone else, up on the board it went.
- Cleaned all the crap out of my office.
- Emptied the 2 ginormous computer boxes and found out where to put them.
- Disposed off all the extra office supplies the previous guy left behind...the extra stapler, tape dispenser, binders, notepads. I don't like other people's crap!!
- Removed all the miscellaneous computer pieces the last guy left behind and actually made someone else happy because I had an extra docking station/keyboard and one of my co-workers had neither.
- Stole--err--found a chair in an empty cube so on the rare occasion that someone comes to talk to me, I have a place for them to sit.
- Started sending emails based on my 'problem list' so that at least I know I'm doing everything I can to get things moving.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
I am really just not enjoying my new job...I feel as though I have no control over ANYTHING, which is a control freak's worst nightmare. So today, I decided to take control. I'm not sure I made any progress as far as work goes, but at least I feel like I have a grip on things, if only with my pinky finger :-) And because I'm sure you're dying to know how I managed to turn my mood around, here you go:
Posted by Jessica at 8:16 PM