- I am the project manager of THE problem project. The red-headed bastard stepchild of a project.
- I have a guy who works for me who has actually rolled his eyes at me. It wasn't my best joke, but it wasn't THAT bad.
- This same guy? Doesn't actually do any work, which means I spend all day circling him like a vulture trying to get him to do things.
- Because the eye-roller doesn't do anything, I have another guy who can't get his regular job done and therefore looks at me as though I'm the devil and every time he comes to see me I pray that he isn't going to hand me a resignation letter.
- Did I mention I manage the problem project? So people way higher up the food chain from me want updates on issues every time I turn around? Hello...if you left me alone I might actually be able to solve something...
- Somewhere between my staffing agency guy and the company recruiter, they screwed up how much vacation I'm supposed to get. And not in a good way. And the recruiters wonder why the company uses a staffing agency.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Oh crap, what have I done
This is the stage I have reached in my new job...I'm sure my prior co-workers will chant and cheer and think to themselves "Woo hoo! She's going to come back!" I have a number of reasons that says I won't do that for another 2 months, but if things don't improve in 2 months? You never know.
Posted by Jessica at 8:19 PM