Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh crap, what have I done

This is the stage I have reached in my new job...I'm sure my prior co-workers will chant and cheer and think to themselves "Woo hoo! She's going to come back!" I have a number of reasons that says I won't do that for another 2 months, but if things don't improve in 2 months? You never know.
  • I am the project manager of THE problem project. The red-headed bastard stepchild of a project.
  • I have a guy who works for me who has actually rolled his eyes at me. It wasn't my best joke, but it wasn't THAT bad.
  • This same guy? Doesn't actually do any work, which means I spend all day circling him like a vulture trying to get him to do things.
  • Because the eye-roller doesn't do anything, I have another guy who can't get his regular job done and therefore looks at me as though I'm the devil and every time he comes to see me I pray that he isn't going to hand me a resignation letter.
  • Did I mention I manage the problem project? So people way higher up the food chain from me want updates on issues every time I turn around? Hello...if you left me alone I might actually be able to solve something...
  • Somewhere between my staffing agency guy and the company recruiter, they screwed up how much vacation I'm supposed to get. And not in a good way. And the recruiters wonder why the company uses a staffing agency.
What have I done?

4 comments:

  1. Are we twins? I am feeling the SAME WAY! Seriously, everything is the same. EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear work is not going well. Give it some time... maybe it'll turn around.

    Do these 2 people actually report to you? As in, you could impact their performance review?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's not just me and maybe this is just a new job syndrome. And I have no control over these people whatsoever from a performance standpoint, love the matrix organization where nobody owns anybody!

    My helpdesk guys kick ass and are the sweetest things ever, so at least there's something positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Woo hoo! She's going to come back!"

    ReplyDelete