Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 30 - Sometimes you just gotta laugh

I received my "first copy of your official Mazda magazine" today. Do you think if I ask to be removed from the mailing list they knock some money off the debt that we owe Mazda for my (still) beautiful new truck?

The grocery store is not a bad place at 7:30 on Wednesday night. I saw a guy listening to his iPod while doing his shopping and thought maybe I should try that. Then I caught myself singing (quietly) and shaking my butt to random songs in my head and figured I wouldn't need the encouragement.

What is a polenta and where in the grocery store do I find it? I have what sounds like a great recipe and I can't find the damn polenta and the people working in Giant at 7:30 at night are not much help.

Ethan thinks he's getting sick. He feels the need to tell me this, repeatedly, and then remind me how he sacrificed an entire half of a day to stay at home with our sick child when he is clearly getting sick. I told him to turn on a movie in our room and kill 2 birds with 1 stone, but apparently that's just nonsense. Tomorrow is my day to stay home (work at home day) I have a feeling I may have 2 sick children home with me. At least Eric can go to daycare ;-)

Today was a very stressful workday, yet at the same time was one of the best days I've had in a while. Some absolutely side-splitting hysterical funny moments, one of which our HR department would go into a panic attack over, but damn it was funny. I couldn't look at the other 2 people for the rest of the afternoon without cracking up. And the other would not be as funny if I typed it all out, but essentially Jen and I got stuck in the revolving door because she wasn't paying attention and her purse wouldn't fit in the door with us. It is a big purse, I have to say.

My aunt sent me this today...don't swallow your gum:

8 comments:

  1. Wow...you had lots to make me laugh. OK...1) Polenta is like cornmeal and you should be able to find it at an Italian market - or a high end grocery store, 2) don't you hate it when husbands get sick? 3) that picture is freakin' hilarious - all those people look like they just blew bubbles out of thier butts!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops....and 4) I do listen to my ipod when I grocery shop alone - and sing to myself AND dance - and I don't care - I'm just so FREAKIN HAPPY to be there with no toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops....and 4) I do listen to my ipod when I grocery shop alone - and sing to myself AND dance - and I don't care - I'm just so FREAKIN HAPPY to be there with no toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It scares me sometimes how guys are all alike... Chuck's mom and brother had the flu over the past few days and now all of a sudden Chuck is thinking he might get it to the point where he almost obsesses about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why'd they put that girl in the front if she was gonna be all off on her form of sitting on a ball?

    And could you add the caption,

    "I am woman. I sit on ball. Hear me roar."

    Yeah. They're taking us serious now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. get rid of unwanted catalogs: http://www.catalogchoice.org/ (not sure if this will help w/payments though...)

    lydia is right - polenta is cornmeal based "pasta" (not really, but that's what I sort of equate it with since you can use it instead of pasta in a recipe). you can make your own out of water, cornmeal and salt: http://www.bellaonline.com/subjects/5682.asp

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how Petra thinks I would (even if I had the time) make my own polenta :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, how did you get a picture of my weight loss class? That is our uniform and everything.

    I don't think there is anything funny there.

    ReplyDelete