Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Resolutions from the cat

Again, if Cole could talk...
  • I will begin meowing as soon as you sit down at the dinner table and have forgotten to open the gate at the bottom of the stairs.
  • After you open the gate, I will get right under your feet and insist on crunching my food one tiny piece at a time (food bowl is under my bench at the kitchen table).
  • I will begin meowing as soon as you sit down to relax with a glass of wine after fighting with Evan about whether he is going to take a shower or a bath.
  • I will continue to try to 'break in' to Ethan closet in the middle of the night so he wakes up in a panicked frenzy, thinking someone is trying to break into the house.
  • I will meow somewhere between 1 and 4 am on a somewhat regular basis...but not regular enough so that you come to expect it and get used to sleeping as though you have a newborn baby.
  • I will wander aimlessly into the bathroom when you get up in the middle of the night to go (after I have woken you with my meowing) and scare the living daylights out of you.
  • I will rub my ugly growth against you and all your possessions whenever I have the opportunity.
  • I will sit in the kids' brand new Pottery Barn chairs, despite all your attempts to keep me off of them.

1 comment:

  1. I like the 2nd to last one.... one of my cat's had an ugly growth - it was there for years. Then sometime the week before Christmas - it popped. Then he had an ugly scab...and now his hair is growing back in. Cats are SO gross... think about it...the lick their own butts!! (If they're not TOO fat like my other cat! She can't reach it - which is even MORE gross!)

    ReplyDelete